Kitikata-san's Blog

I am a girl cat in Nashville.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Cats Weep this Week WCB

Our dear friends at Astrid's food blog and the Cat Boys Kashim and Othello are hosting Weekend Cat Blog. To participate in remembering Sher, her Weekend Cat Blogs and her great talent at cooking, visit Astrid and the Cat Boys and tell your story. The Cat Boys said to go to Sher's website and pick out one of my favorite recipes and blog about it. I think this might be a nice way to celebrate the memory of Sher, the dear blog friend. Sher was a fantastic food blogger and Weekend Cat Blogger. Sher slipped away from this Earth on Monday, and I will miss her.


I was shocked to read about Sher's passing. I was saddened by the passing of Upsie, the fabulous cat, and I am saddened by the passing of Sher, Upsie's dedicated human. I may have only know Sher through her blog, but every time I check into her blog, it was like getting a nice neck and ear scratch that would cause me to purr.

photo from Sher and Laura

So to help celebrate the memory of Sher, I am supposed to say what recipe I like best. Well, it would have to be a recent one that Laura kitty cat enjoyed too. It would have to be SARDINES! Yes indeed. I really do like tastes of SARDINES!

photo from Sher and Laura

Look at how lushous these Sardines that Sher made are! All the cats, Sher, and even the birds enjoyed the sardines. When I saw those Sardines, I just wanted a nibble for myself!

I am purring in your direction dear Sher. Please know you touched so many bloggers in such a lovely way. I will miss you and your blog so much Sher. I am grateful for the time on we shared on this Earth and internet blog. I am sad, and my human is sad too with wet eyes.

11 Comments:

At 7/26/08, 12:10 AM, Blogger Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

Thank you Kitikata-san our dear friend.
You are so right, Sher was a very special person who touched so many hearts she leaves a big hole behind in all the communities she was active.

sending hugs and love
Astrid and the boys!

 
At 7/26/08, 12:10 AM, Blogger Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

oh forgot: we love the recipe you picked. It was one of our favorites too!

 
At 7/26/08, 9:47 AM, Blogger Lux said...

I didn't know her, but I felt sad anyway when I heard. Heavens, that sardine recipe looks delish!

 
At 7/27/08, 4:15 PM, Blogger sammawow said...

That is a wonderful post you did today in honor of Sher. I only started liking sardines last year and may have to go get some. I'm sure that China Cat & Willow would like to taste some too. It really was hard loosing Sher so suddenly.

 
At 7/28/08, 12:13 AM, Blogger Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful tribute to Sher! Those sardines look delicious!

Her passing away made me so sad...

Cheers,

Rosa

 
At 7/28/08, 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very beautiful tribute.

 
At 7/28/08, 6:06 PM, Blogger Boy said...

Wow sardines sure wook nice! I'm so sowwy about Sher too.

 
At 7/30/08, 12:50 PM, Blogger Katie Zeller said...

How sweet! Lovely remembrance...
And what a pretty kitty!

 
At 8/2/08, 9:25 PM, Blogger Glenna said...

I love that you picked Sardines, both Sher's and Upsie's favorites! Great tribute.

 
At 8/3/08, 1:42 AM, Blogger Ellen Whyte said...

How sad! The sardines look yummy. We didn't know Sher. But we will make them and think of the lady who created the recipe.

 
At 8/3/08, 12:51 PM, Blogger Kitikata-san said...

Thank you cool cats for thinking about Sher and her wonderful recipes. She was a bright spot in the food and cat blog world, and I am going to miss her a bunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home